If you’ve been keeping up with trends, you know that mobile is the wave of the
future present. Everybody has a mobile phone — and staggering numbers of purchasing decisions are made while people are browsing on smartphones.
But what if your website copy isn’t optimized for mobile devices?
I guess you’re out of luck, then.
How Can Website Copy Be Optimized for Mobile?
It’s common knowledge that Internet readers have super-short attention spans. It’s safe to say that the same is true whether they’re on PCs or mobile devices, so in order to make sure that you’re providing great content that won’t lose readers’ attention, you need to make sure that:
- Paragraphs are short, readable and easy to understand
- You use bullet points to summarize information
- You break up sections with clear, easy to read subheads
7 Mobile Use Statistics for 2015
- 87 percent of the world’s population is using mobile phones
- Mobile traffic provides about 30 percent of Internet activity
- 67 percent of consumers are willing to buy a product or use a service on a mobile-friendly site
- 70 percent of mobile searches result in action being taken within one hour (action after a desktop search takes place in about a week)
- You have 5 to 7 seconds (or less) to convince a user that he or she is on a page that will answer his or her questions
- 32 percent of consumers wish that mobile websites were easier to navigate
- 73 percent of mobile searches trigger follow-up actions
It’s incredibly important that you optimize your website copy for mobile use. You could be missing out on a HUGE amount of business by neglecting to pay attention to consumer behaviors and habits.